Do I need the Essentials?
Yes - unless you are very familiar with Phonics.
Fantastic Essentials is the core of the Program - each of the 60 modules has a
- Printable Decodable Book
- Parent Guide for teaching
- Shared Worksheets for training skills
- Handwriting tuition
When you become their teacher, YOU need to be trained in Phonics.
It is not complex or difficult, but without the essential knowledge, you may end up frustrated - or worse, you could be teaching "sight reading", which is responsible for illiteracy.
Fantastic Essentials teaches these core skills ...
- the core skill of Phonemic Awareness – the knowledge of sounds essential for reading
- how to avoid “sight reading”
- how to train your child in the “sounding out” strategy
- how to isolate sounds and connect them with letters
- how to successfully decode unknown words
- how to decode multi-syllable words
- how to correctly sound out vowel blends and consonant blends
- how to use “Onset and Rime” technique for rapid decoding
- Homophones – words that sound identical with different meanings/spellings
- introduction to longer Rhyming and Prose texts
- extended vocabulary development including multi-syllable words
- how to create simple sentences
- plus higher level concepts of Present, Future and Past Tense
- prefixes such as “un”, “dis” and “im”
- suffixes such as “ful”, “able”, and “ness”
If you are NOT familiar with these concepts - these are core to Phonics - then Fantastic Essentials has been created to give YOU the information to properly teach your child.
Following your purchase, you will receive an email with a link to download Fantastic Essentials.